This adventure on the Cotopaxi National Park day tour from Quito will start with a scenic drive through the unique Andean landscape in the Avenue of the Volcanoes. On the way to Cotopaxi National Park, the guide will explain several interesting facts about the area, and we will have a stop for a delicious breakfast. Once in the national park, we will go to the Cotopaxi Ranch. This is the only private property inside the park. From there, we will ride for around 3 hours in beautiful paramo areas over 4,000 m (13,123 ft). With this altitude, it is important for you to be prepared. We recommend acclimatizing for at least two days around 3,000 m (9,843 ft). After a 2-hour horseback ride, the guide will pick you up again. We will head out of the national park and have lunch, before driving back to Quito.
Cotopaxi Horseback Riding Private Tour
- 07:15 - Pick up at your Hotel
- 08:00 - Drive on the Pan-American highway
- 09:00 - Arrival at the Cotopaxi National Park
- 09:30 - Explanations of the area, volcanoes, animals, etc. Separation from the bikers group
- 10:30 - Arrival at the Ranch, set settles, start of the ride
- 13:30 - Return to the Ranch
- 14:00 - Lunch at Tambopaxi
- 16:00 - Depart to Quito
- 17:30 - Arrival in Quito
This tour goes to a height of 4,000m (13,123 ft). It is important that you are prepared for this kind of altitude. We recommend acclimatizing for at least 2 days around 3,000m (9,843 ft). Cotopaxi has its own micro-climate and the weather in the area is very unpredictable, so please be prepared with warm clothes. The tour will leave in any weather.
* The tour is operated by a parent operator who reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.
Private $150p.p (Min 2 People)
Visiting "Cotopaxi National Park"
Riding along with wild horses
Private Tour: professional and bilingual guide, lunch, 2-hour horseback riding, transportation from Hotel - Cotopaxi - Hotel
What's Not Included
Tips for the guide