This adventure on the Cotopaxi National Park day tour from Quito will start with a scenic drive through the unique Andean landscape in the “Avenue of the Volcanoes”. On the way to Cotopaxi National Park, the guide will explain several interesting facts about the area, and we will have a stop for a delicious breakfast. Once in the national park, we will go to the Cotopaxi Ranch. This is the only private property inside the park. From there, we will ride for around three hours in beautiful « paramo » areas over 4000 meters. With this altitude, it is important for you to be prepared. We recommend acclimatizing for at least two days around 3,000m. After a two-hour horseback ride, the guide will pick you up again. We will head out of the national park and have lunch, before driving back to Quito.
Cotopaxi Horseback Riding Private Tour
- 07:15 Leave from your Hotel
- 08:00 Drive at the on the Pana-American highway
- 09:00 Enter to the Cotopaxi National Park.
- 09:30 Explanations of the area, volcanoes, animals, etc. Separation from the bikers group
- 10:30 Arrive at ranch, set settles, the ride starts
- 13:30 Return to Ranch
- 14:00 Lunch at Tambopaxi0
- 16:00 Depart to Quito
- 17:30 Return to Quito
This tour goes to a height of 4,000m (13,123 ft). It is important that you are prepared for this kind of altitude. We recommend acclimatizing for at least two days around 3,000m (9,842 ft). Cotopaxi has its own micro-climate and the weather in the area is very unpredictable, so please be prepared with warm clothes. The tour will leave in any weather.
* The tour is operated by a parent operator that reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.
Min 2 people.
Visiting Cotopaxi National Park
Riding a horse
Private Tour: professional and bilingual guide, lunch, 2 hours horseback riding, and transportation
What's Not Included
Tips for guide